Last Updated on 8 hours by mallorcaunderthesun
If you are looking to visit Mallorca over the festive season, then check out my full guide to Christmas Markets in Mallorca.
You can also use this guide for planning your trip for next year, as these markets take place regularly in these locations around Mallorca with just minor date changes.
The biggest markets you will find in Mallorca’s capital Palma but as you can see, there are Christmas markets taking place all over the island, which will give you plenty of opportunity to get out and explore the island, enjoy the festivities and pick up some unique locally made gifts.
For a full guide to Mallorca at Christmas, check out this article here.
Table of Contents
Palma | Christmas Markets in Mallorca
- Dates: November 24 to January 6
- Locations in Palma Centre: Plaça Major, La Rambla, Via Roma, Parc de ses Estacions and Plaza del Mercat.
- PLEASE NOTE, that the usual market held in Plaza España and Placa Pintada will for 2023 be moved to Pac de ses Estacions which is located behind the bus station.
Puerto Portals | Christmas Markets in Mallorca
Dates: December 14 to January 6
Location: Puerto Portals
Mallorca’s most exclusive Port comes to life with over forty wooden stalls selling a wide variety of quality Christmas products, including decorations, accessories, artwork, wooden toys, and more.
There will also be some fantastic foods on offer, plus an ice skating rink for little kids to enjoy.
To get an insight as to what the Puerto Portals Christmas market is like, check out this YouTube video here.
Son Amar Christmas Wonderland | Christmas Markets in Mallorca
- Dates: December 1 to 22, 15:00 to 21:00
- Location: Son Amar (North of Palma on the Palma to Soller Road – you will see the sign).
- Please note: This is a paid-for Christmas market and tickets are bookable in advance at a cost of 5€ for over 10-year-olds.
- This popular entertainment venue is transformed into a Christmas village, with an ice skating rink (which also requires booking) and a visit from Santa. There are also plenty of food, drink and craft stalls.
Pueblo Español | Christmas Markets in Mallorca
- Dates: Fridays from 16:30 to 23:00 and weekends from 12:00 to 23:00 until January 2
- Tickets: 12 euros for adults and 2 euros for children aged 6-12 (normally includes a free drink on entry)
- Location: Pueblo Español, Palma
- If you want to see snow in Mallorca, visit Pueblo Español Christmas Market. This is a must-visit for its festive atmosphere and unique setting. Pueblo Español celebrates the best of Spanish architecture from around Spain in one venue and is at its best during the Christmas season. With over 50 stalls selling everything from handicrafts to local produce, visitors can also enjoy live music and entertainment, making it a great place to soak up the Christmas spirit.
Check out my YouTube short here to get a preview of the Pueblo Español market.
Es Pil·larí | Christmas Markets in Mallorca
- Dates: December 18 and 19 from 10:00 to 19:30
- Location: Plaça de la Iglesia, Palma
- Note: Es Pil larí is located behind Arenal and this market showcases locally made products. You will also find festive workshops and food trucks making this fun for all the family.
Can Pastilla | Christmas Markets in Mallorca
- Dates: December 18 and 19 from 10:30 to 20:00
- Location: Plaza Pio IX, Palma
- Note: Enjoy a seafront walk and then enjoy the festivities of this market in one of Mallorca’s most popular resorts. Expect to find festive fare here from food and locally made gifts.
Port Adriano | Christmas Markets in Mallorca
- Dates: December 17 to January 9 from 12:00 to 20:00 (closing at 16:00 on December 24 and December 31).
- Location: Port Adriano
- This market in the central square boasts a (plastic) skating rink for children over 4 years old and a towering 3-meter high, 30-meter long giant slide.
- The food and gift stalls add to the festive atmosphere.
Manacor | Christmas Markets in Mallorca
- Dates: December 17, 18, and 19 from 16:30 to 21:00
- Location: Passeig d’Antoni Maura (Na Camel·la), Manacor
- This market is guaranteed to be huge and offers a great traditional experience in the centre of Mallorca
Campos | Christmas Markets in Mallorca
- Dates: Saturday, December 9 & 16 from 17:30 to 21:00
- Location: El Casale, Carrer de Santanyi 10, 07630 Campos.
- Held in the courtyard of a stunning location, enjoy the atmosphere and pick up some locally made gifts.
Petra Christmas Market
- Dates: Saturday, December 11 from 17:30 to 21:00
- Location: Petra village
- Join the residents in what will be a lovely traditional local market.
Alaró Christmas Market
- Dates: December 11 and 12
- Location: Plaça de la Vila, Alaró
- Expect a bustling atmosphere as residents flock to another small traditional market. While there will be food on offer at this market, expect to find bars and café bustling with visitors.
Porto Cristo Christmas Market
- Dates: December 12 from 16:30 to 21:00
- Location: Avinguda dels Pins, Porto Cristo
- The traditional weekly market transforms into a festive offering here in Porto Cristo giving you the opportunity to enjoy some traditional festive fair and a great atmosphere.
Consell Christmas Market
Dates: December 18
I visited the Consell Christmas Market with Admin Ann from the Mallorca Under the Sun Facebook Group last year, and this was one of my favourites.
The market is packed into the little square in front of the town hall and features locally made handicrafts.
It’s also a great opportunity to support one of my favourite local charities Rancho Fino an animal rescue centre in Mallorca that will have a stall here. Find out more about what they do here and go ahead and support them!
Other Christmas Markets in Mallorca
Most of the International Schools will also be holding their Christmas markets in Mallorca throughout November and December.
The schools will be supporting some great causes on the island so go ahead and support them plus they are a great place to pick up books, toys and homemade goods.
You will also find other markets taking place around the island. If I have missed any from this list, do let me know and I’ll include it.
Tips for Visiting Mallorca’s Christmas Markets
- Dress warmly: While Mallorca boasts some amazing year-round weather, the evenings will be cool. Check out more about winter weather in Mallorca in this article here to help you know what to expect.
- Wear comfortable shoes: If you’re visiting the Palma markets, you’ll probably be doing a lot of walking, and for this reason, I recommend comfortable footwear.
- Bring cash: Many of the stalls at the Christmas markets only accept cash.
- Be patient: The Christmas markets can be very crowded, so be patient and expect to wait in line at some stalls.
- Look after your belongings: Thieves don’t stop working at Christmas. Check out this article here about how to keep your belongings safe in Mallorca’s Christmas Markets.
- Have fun: The Christmas markets are a great way to experience the festive spirit of Mallorca. So relax, enjoy yourself, and soak up the holiday atmosphere!
Finally to find out what happens on New Year’s Eve in Mallorca, check out this guide here.